Monday, March 31, 2008

Tsunami in my life


Earlier in my life, i used to think that the rest of my life would be dull, boring, lifeless. I guess coz of what i went through in high school. It was the bleakest darkest moment of my entire life. From there i guess i picked up all the negativity there is and i believed i was a born loser.

Yadda yadda yadda.

That was 10 years ago.

Now, my life seemed to pick up a pace so fast that i couldn't stop the car from speeding 180km/h. There i was, trying to find a steady job. It was not easy, because people tend to take advantage of your skills and talents. I did some freelance job, mostly in illustrations and comics. It was the freelance job that gave me income to survive. It also built up my self- confidence step by step. I met a lot of nice people on the net, and also ugly (characteristic) ones too. I also met a lovely lady who loves gardening and flowers. :p You meet a lot of people on the net, but the true one stays and walks with you.

Then it all happened dramatically. I got a job offer from a publishing company. And i got the job in an instant. I heard that no one asked for the job yet, and ironically someone left before i came in. Also, it appeared that i was the only female illustrator in that company, and also quite good in drawing for pre-schoolers and childrens book. From then on, my life was a roller coaster. I was invited to be the committee member of peKOMIK, a Malaysian comic movement organization and a Biro of Higher Learning. It was sweet, that someone actually put their faith in me.

Another tidal wave. The International Book Fair. I was selected to represent my former college to be on stage and talk about my experience. I didn't liked the idea because i could get a stage fright, but i agreed anyhow. They wanted me to display my artworks too, along with some of my friends that i am helping along.

A major one just hit me yesterday. My first episode of The Cavaliers #1 was out and on sale! I was so excited and happy, there was no words to describe how wonderfully speechless i got. All those times, i kept saying that i would like to publish my comic, all the while... and it actually came through. I really did not know how to react. The only thing i could do was to thank God for giving me the patience and strength to get me through this. Alhamdulillah, syukur! Yes, all my hard work, it finally pays off! =D

I do not know what is going to happen next. I just hope it won't give me a heart attack! ;p

To all my friends and family who never gave up in my dreams, who never laughed at me, who always are so eager to see how enthusiastic i get when i tell them my comics, who understand the need for me to buy comics and figurines as well as toys, thank you from the bottom of my heart. The Cavaliers #1 are for you. :-)

1 comment:

Foozma73 said...

*hug*

I'm so proud of you!